DR. M.N. RAJENDRA KUMAR
In the field of Co-operation
Dr. M.N. Rajendra Kumar is known as a Co-operator, an organizer and Social Worker in the two Districts of Udupi and Dakshina Kannada. He has associated in the various Co-op., Institutions and is know for his original innovations, new concepts in the change of social fabric of the society. He has established his image as a legend wherever he has worked.
He has taken much pain to study the Economic Backwardness of the poorer section of people including Agriculturists of the District. He has toured every Nook and corner of the villages of the two Districts and identified himself among the poor and SC & ST people. His determination has resulted in bringing out new outlook to the entire credit pattern of the District Co-op. Bank. Because of the popularity among the Agriculturists of the District. He has become the President of the District Central Co-operative Bank. He works wholeheartedly for the betterment of the villagers by organising them for the right cause. His helping hand and familiarity has endowed him to be a popular President for 2 Districts.
He has also introduced Credit facility to the farmers by way of Agricultural Credit cards issued by the Bank. This is the first Bank to bring in such scheme. Farmers can avail instant credit from the Coop. sectors financial institutions any where in the District.
Dr. M. N. Rajendra Kumar influenced by co-operative movements policies, principles evinced strong interest and trust in the movement of cooperation from childhood days and entered into serving the rural folks from the co-operative sector. He had the vision of serving the weaker sector and farmers in rural areas only through the co-operative movement and has been evincing lot of interest in uplifting their economic status of the rural population and has been able to earn a good name and popularity in the co-operative sector. He has been serving in the following premier co-operative institution as Chairman, Promotor and Director for the last 3 decades.
- As Director, South Canara District Central Co-op. Bank Ltd., Mangalore since 1987 and elected as the President of the Bank in 1994 and continuing for the past 24 years as the President till the date.
- President, Karnataka State Co-op Marketing Federation Ltd. Bengaluru
- Director, Indian Farmers Fertiliser Co-operative Limited, New Delhi
- Director, Karnataka State Co-op. Apex Bank Bengaluru. Since 1999 and President from 15th April 2005 to 31st Mar 2010.
- Managing Trustee, Navodaya Grama Vikasa charitable Trust ® Mangalore.
- Founder, Navodaya Vividoddesha Sawhardha Sahakari N., Mangalore
- Director, Karkala Taluk Primary Co-op. Agri. Rural Development Bank Ltd., Karkala. Elected as a President period of 6 years ( 1985-1991).
- Director, Karkala Taluk Agrl. Produce Co-op. Marketing Society Ltd., Karkala. Elected as president for 3 years from 1991-1994.
- Director, Vyavasaya Seva Sahakari Bank Ltd., Sanoor from 1989 to 1997.
Focus on All round development
SCDCC Bank, Mangalore:
As a pioneer in the all round development of SCDCC Bank Dr. M.N. Rajendra Kumar as a President of SCDCC Bank Ltd., had a clear vision of taking the Bank to new heights. At the time of his entry in 1994 the deposit of the Bank was Rs.64.30 Crores, Loan outstanding was Rs. 46.16 Crores and the profit of the Bank was only 42.82 Lakhs. In the beginning there were only 25 Branches, under his able stewardship the Bank expanded another 80 Branches total into 105 Branches and all the Branches are now computerized and single window clearance service has been implemented.
The Bank with focus in all round development of farmers providing them almost everything from a pin to house as well as agricultural equipments at lowest rates of interest has in the current financial year extended loans upto Rs.2778.30 Crores.
The Bank in the financial year has also recorded an increase of Rs.6748.84 Crores in business. On account of his foresight and timely policy and adaptability to the changing environment be could raise the profit of the Bank to Rs.28.63 Crores in 2017-2018, the deposits has been raised to Rs.3561.24 Crores as on 31-03-2018. This is a very significant achievement and the Bank is considered to be the most popular and dynamic Co-operative Institution among the Banks of private as well as public Sector. He has personally motivated the staff as well as the loanees to repay the agricultural loan installments timely and alleviate the recovery to 100% since 23 years which is a land mark in the State of Karnataka.
Under his leadership the South Canara DCCB Ltd is the first cooperative bank in Karnataka to go live on CBS since 1st April 2012. The bank has also gone live on National Financial Switch and is the first cooperative bank to issue Rupay KCC Card and Rupay Debit card to its clients.
The Kodialbail Branch of the Bank is a role model of the organization working from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Having ATM facility, the branch has the distinction as the first cooperative Bank to offer this service.
- Under the leadership of Dr. M.N. Rajendra Kumar, the Bank has bagged the award presented by the State Apex Bank for the last consecutive 19 years speaks on the volume of his commitment to the cooperative movement.
- The Bank has also financed 32371 Self Help Groups at low rates of interest to the tune of Rs.165.97 Crores.
- NABARD has been awarding for the excellent performance of SHG’s through SCDCC Bank continuously from 1999-00 to 2016-17.
Navodaya Grama Vikas Charitable Trust® Kodialbail Mangalore
Navodaya Self Help Group At a Glance:
Navodaya Self Help Group project has been set up under the auspicious of Navodaya Grama Vikas Charitable Trust ®, Mangalore in Janauary 2000 with the far reaching vision of Dr.M.N. Rajendra Kumar at Sural of Karkal Taluk. With the main objective of empowerment of Rural poor for their Socio Economic development to make them able and capable by developing them Socio Economically.
Navodaya Grama Vikas Charitable Trust ® was started on 1.10.2004 by its managing trustee Dr.M.N. Rajendra Kumar. At present the NGVCT has formed 32,371 consisting 3,27,194 members in 6 districts.viz D.K, Udupi, Hubballi, Dharwad, Uttar Kannada & Shivamogga Dists. Out of them 75% are women members actively participating in its developmental activities